cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
awawka Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv7 power adapter cable

I am on my 5th powercord.  I will not be buying a 6th.   I have had 3 HP desktops and they were awesome.  I love my laptop but hate the consistent replacement of powercords.  So I will be looking for another laptop.  I have a Dell for my job and I think I am going there next.    I just wish HP for stand behind their products as I hate changing but will never do this again

0 Kudos
maximuzprime Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I was about to buy a new adapter but after a short call to Hp they are sending me a new power source immediately even though its not covered by warranty.  sucks that this problem exists but at least they are willing to send me a new one 

0 Kudos
HTlady Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 23 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the exact same issue with my power cord. I find it idiotic and Bad Business to put out such a great product with such an expensive shortcoming.

I have an Acer that is about 5 years old and I have had NO hardware issues with it.

I thought you are supposed to get what you pay for HP?

0 Kudos
HTlady Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 24 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well you got Lucky! Please share what number you called and what you said. Because I just got off the phone with a rep who said HP has no idea about the issue and they are not sending out anything.

0 Kudos
kd5ghj Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This information is awesome!!  I ended up with problem on both the plug end and the jack end, so this information helped me fill in the blanks.  The outer ring and the center line were messed up on my power adapter, and the outer ring was messed up on my computer end.  I chopped off both, and spliced the wires together (temporarily) and VOILA it works, powers up, and charges.  Now I am going to find a DIFFERENT jack/plug combination, even if they have to mean I have a pigtail coming out of this computer.  But its better than paying 300 for repair as well as 80 for a new adapter.

This is the last HP notebook I'll buy.  I have three dells and all still work.  I also have a toshiba which has given me substantially less headaches.

But, this one is back on line now...so that's a good thing.  Would not have been possible without the info in this post!

0 Kudos
sphpuser Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 26 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP dv5. It stopped charging about two months out of my one year warranty.  I've read on other blogs about buying a battery charger and an extra battery, has anyone tried this? I'm trying to find more information about it. 

0 Kudos
CaptnTony Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 27 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/articles/fix-hp-pavilion-dv7-laptops-not-charging-problem-with-re...

HAVE NOT tested this 'solution'.  But if there is anyone out there that this might help with, great.  If not, I tried 🙂

Just ran into same issue last night with mine and I'm going to start with an $8 (Amazon) replacement cord.  This thing has been babied it's entire 12.1 month life!  Used daily for no less than 4 hours and runs "mostly" okay (think once I get rid of Vista most of the headaches will go away).  Hoping I don't have to tear into the clamshell to get at motherboard, but if it's what needs to be done, guess I'll do that.  Anyone have pictures of opening a dv7?  List of tools I may need (any that are specialty)? helpful hints/tips/tricks (I don't want to be a bull in the china shop here)?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
hpist Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 28 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today all of a sudden I realise battery is not charging and no power goes in my hp dv7 laptop.  It is now completely down and can't run it.  Worse to explain it is about a month after the expiry of the guarantee period!  I had bought it at Media Markt (NL). Following what I have read here I am inclined to be less ethusiast of HP as this shall slow down my research work!

0 Kudos
RosaMaria Tutor
Tutor
11 6 0 0
Message 29 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Power Adapter Cable stop working. I just noticed is beeping. No idea.

Can somebody  tell me what to do?

Amazing how many people have the same issue with the power cable of DV7.

First is the fading keyboard now the cable. :womanmad: 

0 Kudos
nathanhjoh Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 69
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same computer, same problem.  HP is not selling me another computer, ever!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation