Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
erikoz Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g6-1325sa processor upgrade!

Pavilion g6-1325sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone! i need help!
I want to upgrade my amd e2-3000m apu with radeon hd 1.8 ghz to a better processor, i have seen the manual

for my notebook and in the supported processor page there are no amd apu processor and as much as i know apu processors are the ones with the integrated graphics card or i am wrong? i dont know how this works but if i replace my amd e2-3000m with any of the supported processors, what will happen to my integrated graphics card, im cofused :D
and will this notebook support a 120gb ssd?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @erikoz,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you have questions about an upgrade. I will be glad to help you.

You have one of the notebooks that the graphic card can be changed to any one of the one listed.

It does not show any SSD for this notebook, but that does not mean it can not take it.  That is only 1 slot for a hard drive so you would have to remove the current hard drive. I like hybrid drives for notebooks.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37043 5588 9632
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whoa!!! Some misinformation in both directions here:

g6-1325sa

The Manual you have posted is not for that model because the E2 processor is not listed. 

E2 processors are soldered to the motherboard. There is no way to upgrade the video short of replacing the motherboard. Hate to step in from outside but I don't want to see anybody spend any money on something that will not work. 

This is the right manual:

Manual

0 Kudos
erikoz Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Huffer, i have checked the manual you gave me and i bought a i5 2540m cpu, so when i took of my e2-3000m cpu i saw a slight difference between i5 and e2, the i5 is slightly bigger in size and the socket of i5 is G2 and my socket is FS1 so i cant replace it, i cant understand what cpu's are compatible from the manual with my motherboard, please help!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37043 5588 9632
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess I assume a basic understanding. You are trying to replace an AMD processor with an Intel. That will never work. 

0 Kudos
erikoz Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok bad choice but the choice was made when i saw the intel cpu in the manual list of cpu's, so how do i know which cpu to choose?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37043 5588 9632
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Normally I have no problem advising but you say you have an E2 AMD processor but none of the manuals I have found list that processor and as far as I know such processors are not removeable. So we are having a disconnect here. Can you post a picture of the processor? You have to carefully study the manual and figure out which motherboard you have and what processors work on that motherboard. The whole long list of processors is not meant to indicate that any of those processors can be installed on any of the motherboards. I am a little nervous suggesting that somebody who did not know all AMD and all Intel processors are incompatible should be tearing apart a laptop but willing to proceed. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation