cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kindakool
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavilion g6-1d98dx has very low volume.

Hi there, 

I have an 

HP Pavilion g6-1d98dx with W7 Ultimate that suddenly has very low volume. I have tried rolling back the drivers, uninstalling them and the device itself.

I also tried that loudness equalization option, but it only makes it worse. It used to sound very good, but now it's horrible. Now I have to wear a headset just to listen to music! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Kindakool 

I understand that you are having trouble with the sound from your built in speakers. I am happy to help you with this.

You can start with the following page, even though you are getting some sound.
No Sound from the Speakers (Windows 7)

Or you can check the connections on your internal speakers for that you will need:

HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

From Microsoft's support website:
Automatically diagnose and fix Windows audio playback problems

If those do not work it is possible that there is a physical problem with the speakers themselves. At that point I would call in to our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Kindakool
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank your for your reply. 

I will have it checked soon. 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation