Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FT_176 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g6 not charging but run out of battery

Pavilion g6-1241ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi team,

My laptop has recently run out of battery and the charger is not working. I have read various forum posts about HPs not charging and the remedies for it. But the problem I am facing is that the laptop has run out of battery so I can't charge it up to solve the charging problem. 

The model is HP Pavilion G6-1241ea. I have recently updated to Windows 10 but not sure if 32 or 64-bit and can't check on the control panel.

Anyone have any magical ideas??

Thanks,

Fabian

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1409 75 132
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FT_176

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

I'd be glad to help you :)

As I Understand that your HP Pavilion g6 is not charging but runs out of battery

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps listed below that should vanish your troubles:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon to give me a virtual High Five :)

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
FT_176 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sizzlingsum_13,

Thanks for your reply. I have found out that it is the charger that has stopped working so I have bought a new one and my laptop is working properly again!

Thanks anyway

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation