Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
am1663720 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion model r036TU Mother board malfunctioning

Pavilion r036TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
When I went to official service centre of hp at Delhi situated at Rajoori Garden ,I was informed that motherboard is not working which is to be replaced at the cost of Rs11000/.
Please guide and help me.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @am1663720,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More .

I grasp that you were informed by the HP official service center that your motherboard is not working and provide you an estimate. You would like to explore other options due to the expense. If the warranty is not a concern you could consider replacing it yourself at your own risk.You provided your product number but, when I searched for your notebook I had a choice between a 14" or a 15".  As you did not state which one you have, I am providing the maintenance and service guide for both and you can choose the correct one for your model. HP 14 Notebook PC Compaq 14 Notebook PC HP 240 G3 Notebook PC HP 245 G3 Notebook PC HP 246 G3 Notebo.... Please see chapter 3, page 21, item 10 for recommended replacement system boards or for the  HP 15 Notebook PC HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC Compaq 15 Notebook PC Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook P...,

chapter 3, page 17, item 8. Here is a link to the HP Parts Store. If one is not available, you could try a web search with the part number to locate one.

Please let me know the outcome.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
am1663720 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My note book is of 15".I think I can not change mother board myself. Is there any other solution?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  @am1663720,,

Thank you for the update.  You can contact HP Support  for service options. They will provide you with an estimate before the repairs are done. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support . I am not sure but they may also have options on replacing it also. If you do not have warranty, you could also try a local repair shop. You may want to get a quote first, as motherboards  and repairs can cost almost as much as a new computer. Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation