Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (600 Views)

HP Pavilion x2 Detachable P0H65EA#ABU memory card/ micro SD issues disappears.

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Pavilion x2 Detachable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am having issues with my micro SD card vanishing. 

Purchased end of May and spend so many hours trying everything thinking it was me. I have never had any issues with my SD cards in either HTC one phone or a Acer aspire one, which I broke its screen in May reason for the purchase.

My acer I pimped it with 250gb SSD and 2 GB and had no real issues, had enough space for most of my 36GB music and had a external USB HD for films and more music. 

Now I am getting so fustrated trying to play a few albums form SD. I had to play from my phone last month when I was on holiday as this device cant keep the SD mounted. WHy have B+O when you cant play anything. 

At the moment 

Tried

1) numerous SD cards 32 to 128GB 

2) Deleting the SD card driver and installing

3) Installing all the newest drivers on the HP website.

4) Upgraded bios to F.11

5) Undertaking a factory reset.

6) Sending it back to PC world for repair and lost the unit for a week and its the same.

Just got a new one (thank you PC world for offering the exchange when its over 21 days) and this unit has just done the same, my SD card vanished. Its gone from grove player, windows media player and file explorer. If I take the SD card out the unit plays the unmount sound, so its there but windows simply looses it. Pop it back in and windows chirps up and all is good for a unpredictable amount of time.

Its like if I play music and surf, it gets confused and simply drops the SD slot.

When I have 32GB of albums remounting simply takes such a long time to refresh the library in wmp.

I cant believe that a new system has such a massive bug especially when we need the SD slot on such a lacking memory device. 

Also Grove player has some play back sound issues, possibly a cashing issue or interface streaming with the SD card.

I have 19 days left to get this sorted, if not I guess PC world will be getting another HP device back and Im now looking at a different device or get my old acer repaired, at least this is stable. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (567 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion x2 Detachable P0H65EA#ABU memory card/ micro SD issues disappears.

[ Edited ]

Hello @jaz4uk,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are still having trouble with the Micro SD card vanishing.  It seems like you went through many troubleshooting steps already.  The only solution I can think for you to try at this point, is to restore the BIOS to its default settings.  You can use the following document to do so: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

If that does not work, and the notebook will not work as you like, then you may consider returning it to the place of purchase.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation