cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Matchlessman
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x2 will not boot up or restore

HP Pavilion X2 Detachable PC10
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My problem concerns:-

HP Pavillion X2 detachable PC10

System ID 815D

Product ID 1234567#ABA

Product number MS69EA#ABU

Serial (removed content) 

I downloaded Advanced SystemCare 9 PRO from IObit after it loaded and called for a restart, my conpouter has never worked again.  It came up with error code 0xc0000001 operating system has failed to start.

I bought the HP recovery media P/N828684-031  09/21/16 Release 1

I followed the instructions but it comes up with a box titled "Recovery Manager" a yellow triange and message OXFFEEO18, when I pressed OK it goes to a white line on the side of a black screen or some times it goes to recovering drive C, it gets to 100% then goes back to the original error code.

I have run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI and it tests as OK.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,595 21,550 1,823 2,914
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Matchlessman

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the HP Pavilion x2 will not boot up or restore due to the blue screen error,
Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

Windows Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) or Error Code: 0xc0000001 sometimes occurs without any specific issue. You can’t be sure what actually caused it. Be it a system issue or some driver problem, you may end up seeing this screen when you restart your computer.

To solve this blue screen error in windows 8, turn off your computer  and when you power it up again, immediately press SHIFT + F8  key:

Click on “See advanced repair options” and from the next screen, choose “Troubleshoot”:

On the next screen, choose “Advanced Options”

In Advanced Options, choose “Windows Startup Settings”

There you will find a button “Restart”. Click on this button and allow the wizard to complete all the steps. Note that it will repair your computer without making any changes to it. Once the process is completed, your computer will automatically restart and you should be able to boot windows now.

If the issue persists:

After you have followed all the above-mentioned steps, however, the computer is not booting up your windows then, probably your cause of the error is more solid and cannot be restored with mere settings reset. But don’t worry, it can still be solved using windows recovery options. For this, you should have a recovery/installation disc or USB Flash Drive from the Official HP Website (if you haven't created any shortly after you purchased the computer).

Let me know if those steps worked for you. 
If they did, that’s awesome! 
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Matchlessman
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Riddle_Decipher, 

I tried the start shift/F8...... Still comes up with BSOD! 

I have already bought the recovery kit from the HP supplier. It  doen't do what the instructions say butit does try to recover/repair Drive C but doesn't succeed. I have contacted the company that supplied the USB stick and asked them to check that they have sent the correct item.....

I'm quite happy to do a hard reset as I don't save anything on my computer that I can't download again.

Once again thanks for taking the time to suggest a solution.

Matchless Man

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,514
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Matchlessman,

Thanks for the update.

It looks like an issue with the recovery media or there might be something internally stopping the recovery to initiate. These are the possibilities of this issue.

I would suggest you contact HP Phone support to take you to the further course of action. You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Matchlessman
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for support.

I followed your advice but there were no contact details for my computer....

There was a message:- This portlet is unavailable.

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,595 21,550 1,823 2,914
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Matchlessman,

Thank you for replying,

since you're having trouble finding the number to contact support,

I've sent you a private message with the link to reach phone support without much hassle.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Feel free to repost for any other assistance,

Have a good day, Ahead

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation