cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LauraNicole92
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilionn G6 Notebook Mouse Pad delayed response after typing on keyboard

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After downloading Windows 10, my mouse pad is not working properly. After typing on the keyboard, the mouse pad takes approx. 5 seconds to respond to my touch. It worked fine before I installed Windows 10, I have ran all the updates available and downloaded Windows 10 PS/2 and SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1 after reading a different thread on the forum.

Can someone please help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilionn G6 Notebook Mouse Pad delayed response after typing on keyboard

Hey  @LauraNicole92,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having some trouble with the touchpad on your HP Pavilion G6 Notebook. I'd be happy to help you with that.

Try doing a BIOS recovery. To recover the BIOS, complete the following steps in this document:

Please note, before trying these steps make sure you have removed all none essential USB devices and have the notebook plugged directly to a wall outlet.

1. Press the power button.

2. When the F12 key LED light is amber, press and hold the power button for five seconds until the LED turns off.

3. Press the power button again. The computer turns on for about fifteen seconds and then turns off.

4. Press the power button again. The computer turns on normally.

I suggest running the HP Support Assistant.

The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:

HP Support Assistant

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation