Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KOB32 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC-e061so

E2T49EA#UUW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I want to instal  one SSD disk on my computer. Do anyone now if it is  Sata 3 port on this computer ? If it isn`t can I install  Sata 3 port or do I have to chang motheboard !

Regards KOB32

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103144 93696 14385 22108
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Run this free hardware analyzer that I have zipped up and attached below.

Run the file, close the summary window and on the left side of the window, click to expand the Drives section.

Then click to expand the sata/atapi drives section.

Click on your hard drive name listed there.  The first line will be the Drive Controller spec.

It will report the hard drive type running at a certain speed.

For example Serial ATA 6 Gb/s @ 6 Gb/s.

If your notebook only has a SATA II port, it might report Serial ATA 6 Gb/s @ 3 Gb/s, or Serial ATA 3 Gb/s  @  3 Gb/s.

0 Kudos
KOB32 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I test my computer and I have Serial ATA 3 Gb/s  @  3 Gb/s  Howe can i do to get Serial ATA 6 Gb/s @ 6 Gb/s in my computer?

// KOB 32

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103144 93696 14385 22108
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That's a good question.

I was hoping that HP had installed a SATA III mechanical hard drive in your notebook.

The utility will only detect what speed it is running at.

I cannot find any specs on the chipset your notebook has either, regarding the controller speed.

However, you may as well install a SATA III SSD because you can always transfer it to another notebook that has a SATA III controller in the future.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation