Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LiverbirdJFT96 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 23

hp pavillion23
iOS

HI there. I have recently cracked the touch screen on my pavillion 23. as you can see I am able to do some stuff on here but everything flashes and turns the pages by itself. ugh!:-(

I thought i had turned off the touch screen but on reboot it starts up again!

Can beautiful person please give me lamen termed instructions on how to remove the touchscreen capabilty or any othe constructive advice would be good.

I cant afford to replace it. no idea what it will cost to fix. hard to research anything on here right now.

Please help:-)

Sorry about it being the wrong board and its I5 core. it wont let me select the right ones grrrrr

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2319
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 23

Hi @LiverbirdJFT96,

Thanks for posting the question in the HP support forums. On these forums, only HP products and windows OS are supported. If your computer runs  IOS  then you will need to contact Mac board rooms.

If you decide  to get the unit serviced, please contact HP phone support by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp

Take care and have a blessed day. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Professor Professor
Professor
1199 166 854
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 23

Hi @LiverbirdJFT96,

I'm guessing you probably have a version of Windows installed on your Pavilion 23. If that is the case, try these steps to disable the touch screen driver:

Use the Windows search box (either in the taskbar or at the bottom of the Start menu) to search for Device Manager.

In the Device Manager list, expand Human Interface Devices.

Find the touch screen device, right-click, and select Disable.

I hope that works for you! Sorry to hear about the cracked screen.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation