cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Greene1112
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavillion Boot Up

HP Recommended
I bought a new hard drive for my HP Pavillion G7 series laptop, and when we did the self tests after installing the new one, they all say passed, but it won't start up and says 'No boo table, insert boot disk and press any key to continue.' What do I do?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey Greene1112, since you got a new hard drive, it is probably blank. You'll have to install an operating system (like Windows) on it first in order for it to boot properly.

Did you create recovery disks from your old HDD before swapping them? If so, you can use your recovery disks. If not, you'll have to pop in your old drive (if it works) and burn some recovery discs - or you can contact HP Support and order some recovery discs.

Once you have recovery discs, you can use them to install Windows on your new HDD, and then your computer will work as expected!
___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Greene1112
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry it's took so long to reply back. We didn't make recovery disks from the old one, unfort, and we had the disk that came with the laptop, but can't find it. Do you by any chance have the number where I can contact HP support? And would you roughly know how much it will cost for the disc? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Greene1112
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Crap I meant to say that we did make a recovery disk, but can't find it. 

0 Kudos
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello again!

Here's an outline of the steps to order a recovery kit: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

It can be done online, or via the phone - whatever you are more comfortable with. I don't know how much it will cost, so you'll have to check via the instructions above.

If you want to contact support directly via phone ("the offline method"), call 1-800-HP-INVENT.
___
I am an HP employee.
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Greene1112
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok we will do that. Thank you so much for all your help!:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You're welcome! I'm glad to have been able to help out. Have a great day!
___
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation