cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
panspal
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavillion Dv6 laptop stuck on startup screen

HP Recommended

So I have n HP Pavillion Dv6 laptop I bought about 3 years back, running windows 7. It started bout 3 weeks ago when I tried to boot up my laptop and it would get stuck on the HP title screen with the whole hit esc... After a few tries it booted up fine, but it's been getting very hot very fast since then. Then we come to today, it shuts itelf down without me asking it to, and now it won't go past the HP screen. I've gone through some posts where they aid hit esc ASAP to get to the options menu or to hit f10 to go to the bios and perform some scans and whatnot. But when i hit either esc or f10 it just sits there doing nothing. It'll give me a little msg at the bottom saying f10... BIOS setup options, but it never moves from there. Is it just fried t this point?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
BHK6
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 340 869
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi panspal,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see you are having a problem getting your laptop to boot. It sounds like you might have an overheating problem. Try this HP document on Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating. Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? What is the product number of your dv6?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Kazmeister
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
PLEASE HELP..!! I have a HP Pavillion dv6 & it's stuck on start-up screen. It says press esc but when I do, it's says start-up paused & nothing will happen? I've tried pressing f10 to bring up bios menu but it stays stuck on there too..!!
I've held button down to turn off, then unplugged it, removed battery & left for 10 mins or so.
Once I've inserted the battery back in & turned it back on, it's exactly the same..??
I'm not a computer whizz so I would appreciate any info to me up & running again.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation