cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Pccarrick
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavillion G4 Notebook PC

One of my office's is currently using HP Pavillion G4 Notebook PC's does anyone know for these machines you can download the drivers via the HP Softpaq download manager. The reason i need to do this is because i have to deploy them via SCCM and would like to use SSM drivers for these machines.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As the complete model name is not there in your post, I am providing the generic way to get drivers from HP Web site. Hope this helps:

1. Go to the HP Software Download page by clicking the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/static_software_select?lc=en&cc=us

2. Enter the model name of your PC/Notebook, and then press Enter.

3. Click “Software & Driver Downloads”. The Software & Driver Downloads page opens.

4. Select the version of operating system (such as Windows 7) that is being used for your computer in “Select your operating system:” drop-down menu, and then click Next.

The option “Step two: Select a download” appears below.

5. Locate the required update from the list, and then click on the plus sign (+) next to it.

If the driver is not listed here, then it means that it is not available from HP for download.

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
0 Kudos
Pccarrick
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi thanks for the reply, i am aware of being able to download from the Website but i want to use the HP SoftPaq Download Manager because this shows me SSM comptabile drivers.

0 Kudos
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi..  The HP Softpaq Download Manager is specially designed to work with HP Client PC Models. As the model you are referring to (G4 series) which falls as a consumer PC, I cannot guarantee the funcionality. Please see the below link which gives the list of supported products:

http://auth-hpcom-h20331-hpsub-pro-sitebuilder.houston.hp.com/hpsub/downloads/New%20Client%20Managem...

As there is no specific guidance or information about whether G4 series notbooks will work with download manager, the only way is to try it at your own risk. You can try installing the HP Softpaq Download Manager in the G4 series notebook PC and checkout the functionality at your own risk. The following site have a link to download the application.

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cache/509658-0-0-225-121.html

Personally I feel it should work, but as I said haven't tried it out myself nor I personally know anyone who have tried it. If anyone else on this forum tried it earlier, please give your suggestion as well. 

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation