Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Erico you gave me just the info I needed! So happy 🐵 battery off... Check
Adapter out... Check
Hold power 15 seconds... Check
Plug in press power.... Bingo! It worked
HP Recommended

Mine done the same thing. I got it from an estate auction but it started happening about 2 months ago. If it would go to sleep or you close down the screen it would stay black. tried the reset deal and would not work. when I'm determined to get something working, I will LOL. so I figured out that if you keep it turned on for about 15 mins, and let the back of the laptop get real hot. Then unplug the charger and take out the battery while on, and then plug the charger right back in and hold the on button for 20-30 secs, then let go and push it again to turn it on mine worked everytime. hope that helps whoever is having this problem and it seems to be a lot of people

HP Recommended

I am having hp pavilion g6 series laptop and as soon as I am pressing the start button , only a black screen is appearing with no blinking cursor or something else. I have tried to start my laptop in safe mode also or by removing the battery throgh only power but all in vain. Initially when this thing was starting the it started by displaying some horizontally lines across the whole screen which were having a great pace and now it is tatally black on the screen. Please help me resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

@coolbudddy,

I understand your notebook is not displaying anything on the screen.

If you connect it to an external monitor, does an image display?  At this point, I would like to isolate to where the core of the issue is.

What is the product number?

NOTE: Do NOT provide the serial number.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

You are a brilliant genius.  Thank you.  My G6 is about a year old.  This morning when I tried to do a restart, the machine seemed to freeze, neither retarting nor allowing me to cancel.  I decided to try a hard reboot.  And when I attempted to turn on the computer, the I got a black screen, a the sound of the fan.  My  f12 button was orange and the caps lock light was flashing.  I called the Source, that was 5 minutes of my life wasted.  I followed your instructions, taa  daa, fixed.  Again, thanks so much.  Give that person a raise.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I am having almost same problem right now. my screen just goes blank whenever i try to start my pc. it shows completely nothing. I have tried hard reset but didn't work.

Please help me.

HP Recommended
Hi there! I'm having the exact same problem! What did hp tell you to do? I feel like throwing my laptop through a window lol
HP Recommended

I removed the battery for about 10 - 30 seconds.  Simple as that.  BTW, it hasn't happened since.

HP Recommended

I removed the battery for 10 - 30 seconds.  It hasn't happened since.

HP Recommended

I need to add that I unplugged the adapter and held down the power button for 15 seconds.  Sorry I forgot that part.

So remove the battery,  unplug the adaptor and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.