Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dalawr30 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion dv6-6c13cl

Hard drive

I have an HP Pavillion dv6-6c13cl that I have ordered and replaced the motherboard with two times and both give me the same problem. Everything works but when i go to install the OS (win 7  Home prem 64 bit) I always get the smae message. It loads the files, ask for language, ( English) goes to install now,  which operating sytem i want to install, (have the disk for win 7 home premium 64 bit) hit next, accept the terms, hit custom advanced, and then get the error message that no drives were found. I have tried downloading the storage drivers on a flash drive but still does not recognize and continues to ask for mass storage driver. Have tried with brand new hard drives that were intitiated and formatted. Same problem, have tried different cable connection to the hard drive, resetting the bios, using a preinstalled OS, using different ram and a different motherboard, all with the same results. The Bios test on the hard drives show they are good.

I need help on how to get by this error for the mass storage driver and allow the OS to be installed.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Teacher
Teacher
137 3 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion dv6-6c13cl

Hello dalawr30,

In the knowledge base of MicroSoft I was able to find some steps regarding the driver update for storage devices. Could you confirm if you have performed these steps> http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows7/windows-7-installation-problem-hard-drive-not-found or you have tried something else?
When trying to install Windows on the initial screen don't click install now or something but press Shift+F10
for a command prompt.
Type in:
Diskpart and press enter
list disk and pess enter
Can you tell me what comes up?
Continue with these commands followed by Enter>
select disk 0
clean
list disk
Select disk 0
create partition primary
format fs=ntfs quick label="Disk 1"
active
assign letter=C
exit

Then try to install the OS again.

Let me know if that helped. Have a great weekend.

Western Digital representative
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation