Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
katrapezo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion dv6 notebook audio recording issue! (windows 7, 64bit)

Hello! This is my first post here, as this is my first issue with this computer. My microphones won't pick up any sound- this computer has two different ones, an integrated one and an outer one, and yet neither work. Troubleshooting only picks up whether they're enabled or not, and I've tried recording after enabling them and disabling them, restarting, etc. I've checked with Beats Audio and they're turned on there as well, and the drivers say they are up to date. Yet nothing is working, when I used to voice recognition test it wouldn't even pick up any outside audio.

I should note that the webcam doesn't work as well, because when I bought it, it would disconnect the internal camera often, and when trying to fix it, someone uninstalled the driver or something - though at the time, audio still recorded just fine and I didn't need the webcam.

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Intel(R) Display Audio

If any other information is needed, please let me know! Thanks for everything.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4472 257 815
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello katrapezo.  I understand you're having some trouble recording audio.

Have you tried recording in another application such as Sound Recorder?  

I'd also like you to remove your audio drivers and allow Windows to reinstall them.  Here are the steps.

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" section.
  3. Right click on your sound card and select "Uninstall."
  4. Reboot your computer.
  5. Verify whether the problem persists.

Also, what is your notebook's product number?  This document can show you where it is located.

Have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
katrapezo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! I've tried it in Sound recorder and in Skype, but got nothing. My product number is QA061UA#ABC. Unfortunately, the steps you mentioned didn't work. I'm going to try them a second time in a few minutes, in case I missed something.
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4472 257 815
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello katrapezo.

If you go to your Control Panel and select the Sound section what is listed in the "Recording" tab?  Please list all of the entries.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
katrapezo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, this is hopefully what you asked for:

External Mic (IDT High Definition Audio Codec, Ready)

Integrated Microphone Array (IDT High Definition Audio Codec, Default Device)

Stereo Mix (IDT High Definition Audio Codec, Currently Unavailable)

Here is a screencap.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation