cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MEJOHNSON7 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgrade (?)

I want a solution to get my wifi back to my laptop. 

Communication says "Connection between access point, router, or cable modemand internet is broken" and another message says "network gateway is accessible but Windows couldn't receive network traffic from internet."

from reading online, problems I'm experiencing with my laptop may be due to it automatically updated. The screen would flash (or blink) so I couldn't access anything. Online research said to F8 and other tricks. 

I've tried various methods using laptop owners online solutions.

I need a step-by-step guide from HP to resolve this problem, please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgrade (?)

Hi there @MEJOHNSON7 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are having trouble after an upgrade. I am happy to help, but I need some more information.

Are other devices still able to connect to your wireless network?

Do you see any available connections?

HAve you reset your router?

What sort of upgrade was it? If it was automatic, was it an upgrade to Windows 8.1?

Also, please post the full product number and operating system in use on your notebook. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation