cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
explodinghead75 Tutor
Tutor
9 6 1 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavlion a1268c will not go past blue screen

When I try to start it up it locks on the blue screen. I don't hear any beeps.

It gives me options of keys I can press but nothing happens when I press them (such as F10).

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this problem.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
PhD Student
PhD Student
1,385 1,318 43 176
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this the HP splash screen you are reffering to?  I've seen this before and it is usually related to the startup process not being able to find the hard drive.  Try removing the hard drive and seeing if it then gets past the splash screen.  If it does, reseat the hard drive and try again and see if it boots normally.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• 0 Kudos
    Master's Graduate
    Master's Graduate
    345 341 16 47
    Message 3 of 8
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

Try the suggestion above.. Otherwise, you have a corrupted bios..

0 Kudos
    explodinghead75 Tutor
    Tutor
    9 6 1 0
    Message 4 of 8
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

Thanks. I think I tried removing the hard drive already, but let me try it again and see if it works. I've had it sitting here for a while now because I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I'll post a reply with results.

0 Kudos
    explodinghead75 Tutor
    Tutor
    9 6 1 0
    Message 5 of 8
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

OK, I took out the hard drive but it still won't go into the boot menu and I don't see any lights on the keyboard either.

Is there any way to fix a corrupt BIOS?

0 Kudos
    explodinghead75 Tutor
    Tutor
    9 6 1 0
    Message 6 of 8
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

Does removing the battery fix corrupted BIOS? I think I already tried that but I'll try it again. 

0 Kudos
    Highlighted
    Master's Graduate
    Master's Graduate
    345 341 16 47
    Message 7 of 8
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

Turning on the laptop using another bios chip then replacing it with the oem bios chip and the flash the bios..

A tough thing to do though, try to bring it to a local repair shop and let them see what can be done to it..

Dean
    Dean
    11,182 11,156 740 1,399
    Message 8 of 8
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended

Hi, do you hear a beep when you remove the memory?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
    I am a volunteer.
    0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
    If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation