Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Provost Provost
Provost
37805 5735 9914
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pocket Media Drive - Diagnostic Error code: HD535-5W

I am my boss and anything would be a raise from what HP pays me. I am a volunteer not employed by HP. But I am glad to have helped.

And 500 gb is not really 500 gb it is less. To hdd makers, a gig is 1000 x 1000 bytes. To Windows a gig is 1024 x 1024 bytes...both are right in a sense.

0 Kudos
Seattle Tutor
Tutor
11 1 2
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pocket Media Drive - Diagnostic Error code: HD535-5W

You're absolutely right, 1024.

Having worked in IT for thousand fun years, and retired from there, I knew 1kb was 1024 esppecially on the big iron. But it seemed that the non-IT people liked to use 1000 so I aquiesced and did the same so as not to confuse people. Tch, tch, tch, shame on me.

Good for you for volunteering. I like to design my own video/sound systems and in-home data networks and my friends and family seem to call me to fix their PC's. Maybe I should volunteer also....naw.

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation