cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lvee
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Power Manager & Set Up Manager Blocked Windows 10

HP Pavillion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the recent upgrade to windows 10 , I can no longer access HP PowerManager, or HP setup mamager.  The message is 'This app has been blocked for your protection' An administrator has blocked you from using this app...Publisher not trusted.  

I am the only user, I am the administrator

I am six secnds away from unistalling Windows 10.

Any insight would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DavidJ1
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem and I cannot get operate the web cam on my HP Touchsmart 310-1110UK PC.  Can HP user support provide a solution?

0 Kudos
Jingyansu
Level 3
13 11 5 9
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 brings a host of security enhancements to prevent unauthorized intrusion into the operating system (OS) and user files. However, this mechanism could sometimes block or flag legitimate programs and apps from functioning properly. Below solution will definitely work. 

Follow this:

Step 1: Right click on Windows logo and open Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2: Now type “net user administrator /active:yes” and press enter. You will see the successful message.

Step 3: Now Sign Out. Then find the “Administrator” account on the bottom left.

Step 4: Now click and sign in on Administrator account. It’s takes time to setting up apps.

Step 5: Now find your Software or .exe that you want to install.

Step 6: As you have already logged into the Administrator account, theSmartScreen protection will be disabled and the installation should complete successfully.

Step 7: After installing your software, now sign out from Administrator account and sign-in again to your Original Account.

Step 8: That’s it, now check out the software or app that was installed on “hidden Administrator” account.

Step 9:Now it’s time to Disable Hidden Administrator Account. OpenCommand prompt (Admin) and type below command,

net user administrator /active:no

That’s it. You can use this method whenever you run into installation issues. 

Source: https://techyuga.com/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection

Note: I have written this article. 

0 Kudos
lvee
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, and sorry it took so long for me to respond.  I should have mentioned I tried that already, but I gave it another try.  The issue is the system doesn't recognize my password.  I followed the passowrd reset instructions, which worked for my non-admin account, but if I try to log into the admin account, I'm promted to reset, and at that point I am told to insert a disk, or flash drive.  I don't have a password disc, and it didn't accept my flash drive.

This is extremely annoying, and needless as these programs are facorty installed.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation