Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP ProBook 450 G2 is giving me hell!

Yesterday, it started acting weird. Started hanging, pressing different buttons by itself, and didn't do what buttons I was pressing.

Anyways, after that, i restarted the laptop, and same issue.

Then i thought i should open it up and clean any dust, which there was a lot of.

Then i assembled it, and restarted it... Then Caps and Num Lock started blinking! I opened it and did a reset, as suggested on HP's website as well.

Then, the mouse pad stopped working, laptop was working again. I opened it again, and checked if something's not plugged. And then, after assembling it, again, i see the same issue of Lights blinking 3 times in a sequence.

Now, i think either the CMOS battery is dead, or the RAM is. Because i only have one RAM of 8GB. And i tried removing the CMOS battery for 10-20 seconds, and the problem is still there.

After that, i now have tried starting the laptop without installing the only ram i have, and the issue is there, of course.

Thats why i think I should try replacing the battery as well as the RAM.

So, is that what you think too? Or is there something else you think the issue is...

Please lemme know...
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Yomanew,

3 Blinks is normally for the Memory. Now to Isolate , Run the Memory test

Tap f10 at the boot, Go to the BIOS. Run the Memory test and post back.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Hi, I tried it but the Boot menu isnt showing up. It just starts blinking those two leds i mentioned.
HP Recommended
Also, @GBL84, it showed something related to BIOS, CMOS and Reset. Around these words the message was. I couldnt read it, because it started doing the same thing again.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.