cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NS87
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP ProBook 450 Touchpad Problems

HP Recommended

Hello,

I  just bought an HP ProBook 450 two months ago (that model with the velvety black cover, don't know if that's relevent). About a month back I was using my laptop while it was charging and out of no where the pointer started moving very slowly. No matter what I did to try to fix it, it wouldn't budge except for here and there. My friend suggested that I unplug the charger and surprisingly the touchpad/pointer went back to normal so I forgot about it. Now I'm facing this issue again, with and without the laptop being plugged in. Sometimes the pointer stops moving altogether (double tapping the little light on the corner doesn't help) and sometimes it does move but with me practically scraping at the touchpad. Most of the time I can't even get myself to the control panel and all I can do is zoom in/out of the page I'm on. What I end up doing is restarting my laptop and this usually takes care of the problem for a while until it just repeats a few uses later. 

What could the problem be? It is it a software or hardware issue? I have been taking care of the laptop as best as I can and don't think there has been any damage to the keyboard/touchpad area. Should I take it back to the seller? It's very frustrating when things like these happen to a brand new laptop. I also have another issue I will post re. wifi connectivity. Any help would be appreciated, especially in non-techie language since as you can tell I have no idea what I am doing 🙂

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi NS87,

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Commercial Forums.

Here is a link to troubleshoot the Touchpad. if you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hassan_ammar
Level 2
20 12 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same happens to me what should i do ...what did u do ...plz help regards:>

RISHAL007
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yaa. Same problem is caused to my device.What will do ? Help me?

adexonis
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation