cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ProBook 4520s - Product Information not valid

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4520s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm having a slight issue with this unit, every time I boot it it will display the following error:

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.

SYSTEM BOARD (00A) -

Product Configuration ID

When pressing F1 on boot this information is indeed missing.

I tried reflashing the BIOS and re-programming (using HPBU utility), but when trying to programm this information it says: Programming SKU (or whatever) failed.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,774
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please refer the following weblink that will guide you the next steps for this issue:

HP PCs - Product Information Not Valid Error Displays before the Computer Starts

A "Product Information not valid" error message occurs when the system board is replaced without including the correct serial number for the hardware.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation