Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pentium100 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProBook 4530s problems with charging the battery

ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP 4530s with this problem:

If I remove and insert the battery while Windows is running, the battery charges for a little while and then stops charging ("Plugged in, not charging). An orange light is blinking near the power connector. If I remove and insert the battery again, it charges for a while and then stops again.

If I turn off Windows and disconnect AC power, if the orange light was blonking, it continues blonking (didn't wait to see how long).

If I do this enough times, the battery charges to full. When I disconnect the AC power the laptop works normally on the battery (battery capacity is OK).

What I have tried:

1. removing the battery, disconnecting AC, holding power button for 40s, reconnecting AC, starting Windows, shutting down Windows, inserting the battery.

2. Updating the BIOS to the latest version (F60) - this actually helped because previously the battery was not detected at all if removed and inserted until I did #1.

EDIT: Once the battery charges to about 80% I do not need to remove/insert it anymore and it charges the remaining capacity normally.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation