Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PepePepperoni Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP ProBook 4730s WLAN Driver

ProBook 4730s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then I couldn't get the WLAN going. I figured that the laptop may be too old. So I downgraded again. Now I can't get the WLAN going again. And I don't know why. Which driver is the right one? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

Thanks for your help

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
96873 13115 20332
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post

Hi:

There can be one of many different model wireless cards installed in your notebook.

Look on the bottom of the notebook, and there should be a sticker with an FCC-ID.

Post the FCC-ID, so I can figure out what model wireless network card your notebook comes with.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post

Hey,

I can't find the FCC-ID. I can however post my

product number: LH335EA#ABD

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
96873 13115 20332
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post

Hi:

That info doesn't help.

Do this instead...

Please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed in the device manager as a Network Controller.

It will be found under an Other Devices category and it will have a little yellow triangle with a ! mark.

Click on the Network Controller device and then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post

Under "other devices" I only got two devices called (translated from german) basis system device. 

The first has PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2393&SUBSYS_167C103C&REV_30

and the second entry has the same string.

Under network controller I got:

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #5

Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Realtek PCIeGBE Family Controller

these three.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
96873 13115 20332
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post

Hi:

The wireless card driver is installed.  The Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter is your wireless card, and if you see it under the Network Adapters device category and there is no ! mark next to it, that means it is supposed to be working properly.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why you can't connect wirelessly.  You can try installing the original wireless driver for that card and see if that fixes the problem.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5060895&swItemId=ob_108905_1&swEnvOid=405...

The other device is the card reader that needs the driver.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5060895&swItemId=ob_116003_1&swEnvOid=405...

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post

Thanks for your answers so far.

Just to get any confusion out of the way: I can connect to my WiFi. He even tells me that I have internet access. But different browsers tell me otherwise. The WiFi itself is working. Phones and other laptops do have internet.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation