Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a new out of the box HP ProBook 650 G2 that as soon as the power plugs in, lights come on, then shuts off after a few seconds. When trying to powering on the unit, power light comes on for about 5 seconds then turns off.

I have tried putting a new battery from another laptop new as well but no change, tried removing SSD M2, reseating memory but nothing works.

I found the following advisory: h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05369450&sp4ts.oid=9764622

Which mentions this particular model having issues when not set properly on "shipping mode". It seems this might be the case but I can't find anything anywhere on HP websites, supports, videos, etc. on what to do or how it can be fixed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please, try this

*  unplug the power from the laptop

*  press and hold Power + Mute buttons for 15 seconds

if this does note restart the laptop, you may need to call HP Support

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

@Soccer_Dan

Thanks for your reply.  I had tried that before posting as I saw it on some documents on regards this laptop but unfortunately I was not able to get it going. Still dead, won't boot nor power up even with power supply connected.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.