cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ian_-_Glasgow
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Probook 4320s DVD drive ( TS-L633R ) won't play Warner Brothers audio CDs

HP Recommended

I'm running Windows Home Premium - it says it's 64bit which is odd as HP's website only lists 32bit Home Premium or 64bit professional.

Having searched the web it appears that this DVD drive has been used by several notebook manufacturers on Windows 7 computers and this is a common problem.  Only Warner Brothers CDs (e.g. R.E.M. and Fleetwood Mac) are affected - they play but the sound is distorted and unrecgonisable (the same CDs sound fine in my stereo and my other PC).  Apparently some notebook manufacturers have issued a driver update but there are no drivers listed on the HP website...

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Mumbodog
Level 12
12,390 12,217 582 1,542
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please post your full product Number

Please Do Not post your s/n

HP Product number label.gif

0 Kudos
Ian_-_Glasgow
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

XX826EA#ABU

0 Kudos
Mumbodog
Level 12
12,390 12,217 582 1,542
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I double checked your info, it looks like you are correct on all points, I am not sure what to suggest other than HP warranty support, see if they have a bulletin on the issue.

IceGuyver
Level 1
14 10 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the exact same problem with the DVD Drive on my HP Probook 4320S, the only difference is that it won't read any of my burnt CDs with me having ran a burnt DVD in the drive first. Mine is running Windows XP Pro SP3.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation