Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JDBComputing Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 450 G0 Black Screen - Caps Lock Flashing

Probook 450 G0
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Got a HP Probook 450 G0 here, which is powering up with no screen display.

No BIOS, no nothing. It isn't the backlight.

You can hear fans spinning up, the Caps Lock key starts flashing, but nothing else happens.

I've removed RTC/BIOS battery, nothing. Removed and swapped RAM, nothing. Plugged into TV with HDMI, nothing.

I'm starting to suspect it's something more complex - a motherboard problem, a BIOS problem, or a CPU problem.

I seem to remember older HPs having Caps Lock blink codes for reporting issues, but I can't see any info about that for the ProBooks. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
puccim Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 450 G0 Black Screen - Caps Lock Flashing

Good morning,
I have the same problem too.
Nobody knows how to solve this problem?
Looking on the internet I saw that the problem is due to BIOS corruption failure.

More information below: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

But instead of starting the BIOS recovery procedure the hardware diagnostics starts, do you know how I can do it?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards.

Maurizio

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation