Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
10 8 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 450 G3 m.2 ssd

HP ProBook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Probook 450 G3 (P5S63EA) and I see that it has an empty M.2 slot.
I want to buy for my laptop M.2 SSD and chose several models.

Here is Samsung EVO 850 M.2 (MZ-N5E250BW) 250 GB, interface Sata 3, format M.2, memory type TLC 3D V-NAND

and  Samsung MZHPV256HDGL-00000 (SM951) 240GB, interface PCIe x4, format M.2, memory type MLC.

I read all available technical documentation for my laptop and see that only Sata 3 interface SSDs from HP are for my laptop. What about PCIe x4 in M.2 format? WIll it works on this laptop?
Of course PCIe SSDs has very very faster read/write speed! I would prefer to PCIe ssd from Samsung.

I read on this forum that other people used Samsung 850 Pro with MLC 3D V-NAND for this laptop as well. But nothing about PCIe x4.
Of course Samsung EVO 850 M.2 (about i wrote upper) should works great because in using sata 3 interface in m.2 format. But what about PCIe x4? 

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2
10 8 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

and small adtition.

I found in this thread http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-EliteBook-840-G3-with-SAMSUN... information about using samsung 950pro (which uses PCIe x4 interface) leads to a long boot time and information about non-compatible samsung's firmware with HP laptops.

May be some HP professionals could give me advice in it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks HP Comminity for all the helpful response. Great stuff

(Sorry OP I can't help you as I have a very similar question myself which I'm trying to find the answer to...)

Will this samsung 960-pro nvme m.2 SSD 2tb ssd play nice with the HP Elitebook 840 G3 (not ProBook)

https://www.samsung.com/nz/memory-storage/960-pro-nvme-m2-ssd/MZ-V6P2T0BW/

help anybody?...? You don't have to anser the elitebook question (although I'd be very grateful) but maybe somebody can help the poor probook dude

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation