Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 40 (72,714 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Probook 4530s and Windows 10

Product Name: HP Probook 4530s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, and was wondering if most Windows 8.1 drivers were compatible with the new operating system. I will be upgrading from Windows 7, and I have checked the support page for my specific model without any luck finding Windows 10 drivers. I will keep checking back, but I thought I would at least check to see what others might be experiencing.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Probook 4530s and Windows 10

nations727 wrote:

I am wanting to upgrade to Windows 10, and was wondering if most Windows 8.1 drivers were compatible with the new operating system. I will be upgrading from Windows 7, and I have checked the support page for my specific model without any luck finding Windows 10 drivers. I will keep checking back, but I thought I would at least check to see what others might be experiencing.

This is a early and only time will tell..but from the Reads it should work fine upgrading and since no one two computers are the same so will the problem as well.

View solution in context
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 40 (72,688 Views)

nations727 wrote:

This is a early and only time will tell..but from the Reads it should work fine upgrading and since no one two computers are the same so will the problem as well.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 40 (72,676 Views)

PeerOne,

Thanks for the information. I am going to try installing it, and hope for the best.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 40 (72,294 Views)

Hi there. Did you have any luck upgrading to Win10? I tried, and my network adapters were missing afterward.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 40 (72,288 Views)

Hi jefmitch, I successfully installed Windows 10 without any hangups. I am sorry you were having issues with your network drivers. You might can try dowloading them from the computer's profile here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5060881

You might can try using the Windows 8.1 drivers for your specific network adapter. I would also check on the manufacturers website for specific updates. I also did not install a fresh copy of Windows 10 but upgraded from Windows 7. Hope this helps.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 40 (72,284 Views)

I was already upgraded to Win8.1, and even tried the drivers with no luck. The weird thing is the adapters were listed in device manager, but the network connections were missing. I'm trying a few other things I read, such as uninstalling any VPN software before upgrading. Ugh...

Honor Student
Message 7 of 40 (72,270 Views)

Jefmitch,

I am thinking the VPN software/connections could be the kicker. I essentially did a fresh install of Windows 7, ran every single update available as of yesterday, and then ran the Windows 10 installer. I was not running in a Windows 8.1 environment previously, so I am not sure what might be the issue in your case.

Also, make sure that your devices have been enable. This article might be helpful.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-modify-network-profiles#1TC=windows-7

Honor Student
Message 8 of 40 (72,239 Views)

It was the VPN software. Removed Cisco AnyConnect VPN, rebooted, then went through the upgrade successfully. What a pain in the a**

Student
Message 9 of 40 (72,076 Views)

Hi i have recently updated my probook 4530s to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and my HD graphics and display driver doesnt seem to be working when i went to download an updated driver i found that there is no support for windows 10 please help.

Teacher
Message 10 of 40 (71,985 Views)

An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Please run Windows Update from within Windows or visit Microsoft’s Windows Update Web site.

Windows Update is included in the Windows Control Panel. To check for updates within Windows, Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

Source: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation