Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Richolxy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 4540s Hard Disk Test Failed

HP Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with my HP notebook and I will be deeply grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction on what to do to fix this problem.

I the system is displaying a blank screen and upon running a system diagnostic test the result i'm getting is that 'Hard Disk Test Failed'

Failure ID: Q4HU9Q-00085R-QFPJXA-61UK03

Can anyone advice me on what to do to fix this problem please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
73218 8894 19124
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char failure id indicates the HDD is failing and need to be replaced. Is it still under warranry ? If Yes, please call HP for a replacement.

In the US:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

or HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Richolxy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanks a great deal for your response to my post.
The laptop is no longer under warranty. Can you please advice me what to do to fix this problem to get the laptop back working. Another thing is that i haven't created any backup before the issue started, how do i fix this without loosing all my files?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation