Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Loken343 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 4540s Switchable Graphics Reinstall

HP Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Specs:

HP Probook 4540s

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

8 gig ram

Intel core i-5 3320

Intel HD 4000 Graphics

AMD Radeon HD 7000 Switchable Graphics

I have a serious problem with my HP Probook 4540s and I really need help.  I am somewhat tech savvy but this one has me floored.  So my brother recently installed a game on my computer and it completely crashed my system.  Apparently I didn't install some important updates on my computer and the new graphics updates corrupted my system and I have received several blue screens before my system crashed completely.  I reinstalled windows (fresh formatted copy), installed all upgrades, but as soon as I install Catalyst Control Center, my system crashes again.  I installed the base graphics drivers for my Intel HD 4000, but Catalyst Control Center will crash my system.  This is a switchable graphics system.  Am I missing something here?  I did a memory check, I did a full system diagnostic, and nothing.  

Please help.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation