cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Hvar89 Top Student
Top Student
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 6360b CPU

HP Probook 6360b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have an Hp Probook 6360b with an i3-2310m, considering upgrading to a different cpu. The socket is G2, and in that socket a series of i7 cpu's fit. The thing is that the i7 I'm considering is a quadcore, and the other i7 I'm looking at is a dualcore. The quadcore would be preferred, but I don't know if the bios would recognize the quadcore, and if the turboboost-technology will be an option that can be turned on. Can't find an option for turboboost in the current bios. I have not updated the bios, so if an never version have that feature, that would be nice. I saw a guy on youtube changing a dualcore to a quadcore, and the bios recognized it and booted up, but the tueboboost feature wasn't there. So all in all, is there a bios that can be installed to get this to work, if necessary, and will the cpu be recognized?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16323 16266 1513 3607
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Probook 6360b CPU

Hvar89

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here's the link to the HP drivers and software page for your PC:  http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5045582&lang=en&cc=us

I don't know what version of Win7 64-bit you're using, so you will have to use the pull-down to select it.

When I checked the Home Premium version, it showed two BIOS versions, and the American version had a recent update.

IF that is your version, there may be a newer BIOS you can download and install.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation