Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We've been discussing the same issue here if you're interested:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ZBook-Studio-G/m-p/5638289

HP Recommended

> NoteBook FanControl (NBFC)

It’s possible to let run the fan very slow or even stop it with two entrys in the (ProBook 650 G1) Config under "Fan speed overrides":

To stop the fan at 0%:

#1:
Fan speed value: 254
Fan speed percentage: 0,0%
Applied to: Write

#2:
Fan speed value: 255
Fan speed percentage: 0,0%
Applied to: Read

Then set it to "Target fan speed: 0% Auto" and enjoy the silcence (at least at idle)!

@HP

Still hoping for an update, its sad because besides this its a nice device.

Does nobody pay attention on these issues during the development?

If it were an 200 dollar consumer brick... fine... but the label says PRObook.... 😞

Regards!

HP Recommended

If i'm not mistaking Surface Pro design team does testing in a 'silent chamber'.

These kind of things should become 'standard'. I doubt HP does this, if they would these kind of problems would not occur.

You are really in doubt that these machines are tested in the design team.

Ever wondered why HP always switches sides with the LAN port (and power) on their notebooks? Once on the back, then on the left, then on the right. If you are a support engineer and have to support 4 generations you pull out your hair at one point.

Nobody can give an answer to that. The only place where the LAN port has not been placed yet is on the bottom or the front. Really.. I would so wish for a discussion in the design team of HP.. 🙂

Please HP, make your laptops better and stop doing things that annoy people.

HP Recommended

Today i have spoken with HP support. The 2nd line support team has acknowledged that there will be a BIOS fix for the FAN problem for the HP Probook 650 series. It will probablly be available around November, but no exact date was given.

A BETA BIOS is available through HP support if someone is interested (including BETA warning text when powering on the device). I will not risk this test on my production notebook and will wait until release.

HP Recommended

we bought a few days ago the notebook and the same problem.
I tested last FW on the HP website:
HP Notebook System BIOS Update 01.05 Rev.A 43.8 megabytes Aug 30, 2016
but the problem still persists.
software
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/04/this-handy-tool-keeps-your-laptops-fan-under-control/
Although I have temporary removed a  problem, but I would plead for the official FW who would be fix.

HP Recommended

Hi guys. I have the same issue with brand new Pro Book 650 G2 (Core i5 - 6300ULV).

Fan starts right from Windows loading, it spins even when the notebook is just cold, it spins without load - all the same as described by other users.

This is my working machine - So I took it to our IT support department - we've flashed BIOS with "HP Notebook System BIOS Update 01.05 Rev.A 43.8 megabytes Aug 30, 2016"

I even switched back and forth the "Fan Always on while AC Power" setting in BIOS - but that gave no results.

Dear HP Support, if you are reading this thread - please pay attention to this problem, because it is a complete nonesense - to have such a noisy fan glitch while   having such ultra-low voltage processor designed to be silent and energy efficient!

Come on, it is 2016! It's top-notch Skylake architecture inside, it should be silent! It is designed for!

Please consider that problem - the users community really expects solution from you. Otherwise I truly believe - many of your current respected customers will not advise to buy any of your laptops.

We look forward to hear from you soon.

HP Recommended
Considering this forum is staffed by volunteers and there are some HP people reading it but it is not HP support I think if you have an in warranty machine you should call HP tech support.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

It seems HP people are reading this thread, because since some time ago - the Bios Ver. 01.06 became available.

I can't say it resolves the fan noise that much, but for me this version of Bios resolved the 'ramping up and down' issue. Actually I did not notice frequent change of fan speed for some time. 

Looks like it have two speeds now - fast and slow. Better than nothing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.