cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TFruba Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Protect tools and windows 10 (HP 6930p)

Hi there!

For anyone, who like to have HP PT SM installed on Win10 - DO NOT EVER INSTALL HP ProtectTools Security Manager for Windows 7 on W10!!

It causes severe system crash including inability to boot up (since W10 doesn't support F8 key during startup - it's really big problem unless you have a restore drive).

Believe me - I've been there 😉

Regs

Tom

Intern
Intern
23 21 0 21
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Just to let you know there is a newer version here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_141863_1

Regards,

Julien

Julien Garrigue
www.garrigue.pro
0 Kudos
Nalintha Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm also really waiting for the update to enable of my finger print scaner.......

0 Kudos
jmenninkainen Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was it! I've got HP 8560w and was trying all possible things until noticed 'LogonUi.exe' fails (in Event viewer-Applications) and 'DpCrProv.ll' from 'HP Protect Tools' causes it. After upgrading to Windows 10 the first boot was just fine, but on second boot it got flickering (or flashing) in startup before logon screen appears. It was possible to start Windows 10 in 'Safe mode', but normal start didn't work at all.

0 Kudos
SirBright Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly this Probook 4530s. What is the status of your system after installing the windows 10? Is your finger print scanner and other hp protect tools working? What did you actually do?

I want to install windows 10 and do not want to loose hp protect tools either.

Thanks

0 Kudos
iSeawitch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do we find that? I have the same problem for a probook 4540s.

0 Kudos
Teenonator Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an hp 6930p with Windows 10, which was installed cold. The first time I fired it up, I was at work, and it immediately connected to our WiFi. The next time, it didn't connect, and doesnt even give me the option to turn it on. I think I may just do a restore (since I haven't done anything on it).....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TFruba Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still no go... 😞
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation