Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tdinardo Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 1
Message 31 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP ProtectTools incompatible with Windows 8.1 (final)

In case anyone is still searching for a solution to this, here's what worked for me on my 8760W:

Uninstall all HP Protect tools and options as well as any Validity drivers and software.

Reboot

Install sp59624.exe HP validity driver with Compatability Mode enabled for Win7: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

Install sp59253.exe HP Protecttools: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

If you select the delete all data when uninstalling the Protecttools, you may still have residual finger print data which will result in errors when scanning your finger prints. To get around this, after you install Protecttools again, go into the options and clear all finger print data. Then you can rescan all fingers and it will work properly again.

InnoYC Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 32 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi tdinardo. I'm downloading and testing your solution.

Thanks for that.

Just a correction. u published the same link twice.

The second one 'I think'  should be:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

I will publish my test results :)

daenas Tutor
Tutor
9 9 0 1
Message 33 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I fixed my laptop, I reinstalled Windows 7pro!  Problem solved! 

0 Kudos
InnoYC Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 34 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi tdinardo. Your solution worked great!. Thanks a lot!.
I used finally the new version of the HP Protection Tools. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?cc=us&lang=en&sp4ts.... .

The golden tip. Reinstall using Windows 7 compatibility, just for the validity driver! :)
0 Kudos
Nyny_cz Tutor
Tutor
15 9 0 1
Message 35 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I went to the HP ProtectTools Win 8.1 install normal Windows logon fingerprint also works normally, but in IE11 does not work, I can not log into the site fingerprint.
I think it is a great shame that HP on the driver still does not offer drivers for my HP EliteBook 8560w, I'm tomo sad and angry at HP.

Do me in Win 8.1 does not work turning off the display at a specified time, you do not have anyone an idea where to look for error?

0 Kudos
Ocenag Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 36 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have recently upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro on my HP 5102 netbook.  HP doesnt even list Windows 8 as supported on the 5102, but it all worked fine, includng the touchscreen.

Now on 8.1 , it all works fine again, but I would like to get ProtectTools working again (hasnt worked since I left Win 7 Pro at the start of this year). Has anyone tried using the latest version (8.0.3.1345) posted in this thread on machine other than those listed as supported?

0 Kudos
Nyny_cz Tutor
Tutor
15 9 0 1
Message 37 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP ProtectTool I unfortunately could not get working. It worked just logon to Windows, but IE11not work. I used to solve the HP SimplePass, which works correctly.

I take it as a temporary solution until HP issues a compatible version of HP ProtectTool, but at least it works for now.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
357 356 43 131
Message 38 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

A new version of HP ProtectTools Security Manager is available for download.

sp63727

Information:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63727.html

Download link:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63727.exe 

I am an HP employee.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Tags (1)
CrimInalA Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 39 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Futureperfect : Even with the new version windows demands to remove the hp protecttools prior to upgrading to 8.1 .

Im currently running windows 8 PRO X64 on a 8560w .

0 Kudos
Microlad Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 40 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@ installed the new version of ProtectTools. When I try to update to 8.1, the updates uninstall the new version of ProtectTools and then pauses awaiting uninstallation even though protecttools does not show up in the program list in the control panel, but when I search it in Windows 8 it shows and I can run it. Any tips on how to uninstall it? I tried using the regular uninstall and through CCleaner.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation