Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,159 Views)

HP Recovery Disks won't load disk 2, please help

About a month ago my laptop (a HP Pavillion DV-7) just froze and i couldn't load windows after i rebooted my laptop. i got the HP System Recovery screen and tried to System Restore, it would get stuck at 13% and make funny sounds from the HD. i replaced the HD with a Seagate 500gb Solid State Hybrid Drive and ordered the Recovery Disks from HP. I installed the HD and put in the disk and windows started to load it's files and verything goes good till it pops out disk 1 and asks for disk 2, I insert disk 2 and nothing happens, It just stays in the screen asking for disk 2. I called HP and well...my laptop is out of warranty, So any help would be good.

0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 3 (2,142 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Disks won't load disk 2, please help

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is your issue.

• Resolves an issue where Recovery Discs sent from HP do not work on a new hard drive or one that has been fully cleaned or "wiped".
  • Enables the creation of a bootable CD that can be used with a set of Recovery Discs sent from HP to install software on a new or "wiped" hard drive
  •  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-80183-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Honor Student
    Message 3 of 3 (2,125 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Disks won't load disk 2, please help

i'm sorry, i didn't specify, it was for a vista 64 OS and the disks were for vista also. the link you added was for windows 7. i tried looking for that download but for vista and couldn't find any. that was my problem though, my disks won't load...or atleast the second one won't load. i bought windows 7 today...just to try to get anything working on my laptop and nothing, the disks didn't do anything, so i think i just wasted 200 there and still no laptop for my school work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation