cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AndyD1969 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Recovery Error Code 100a

Hi

I Have the Pavilion dv5 Laptop and out of the blue it just stopped loading Windows instead it keeps stalling on the HP Recovery Screen and no matter how many times i try re-booting it just keeps halting on this screen. So I tried doing the System Recovery and as soon as i click next to begin a message box comes up saying "Error Code 100a if this keeps occuring contact HP". I've tried Googling this error code and have found different reasons for the error ranging from Hard Drive Failure to Motherboard Failure. I have run the diagnostics tool and the Hard Drive passed all tests as did the Memory. Has anybody else encountered this error or have any idea what it could be.

Thanks   

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
922 881 66 357
Message 2 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please make sure that there are no USB drives or external devices attached. _if the problem continues and you cannot run the F11 recovery - Call HP @ 1800 HP Invent and they will send you a free set of recovery disks if you are still in warranty.

thanks!

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
AndyD1969 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Sanchertx

I Have now been in contact with HP and now waiting for the Recovery Disks

Thanks again

0 Kudos
jeffm71 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem, my HP laptop is only 3 months old now and I started getting thtis error 100a, so I ordered the HP recovery disks. Ive never had this problem until I got Vista, I think I will buy another drive to back up all my personal stuff this time....
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
400 398 26 80
Message 5 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello All,

This is just an FYI, but the error you are referring to is:

Error 0x100A: No system partition found

it is a common error when trying to run a Recovery...

Just a percaution I would in fact run a HDD Test, F10 on Boot, Diagnostics, HDD Self Test

Just to make sure that its not a bad drive

Good Luck

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
0 Kudos
itsjusttara Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recently had my hard drive replaced and I received my recovery disks from HP. I installed Vista and everything worked great. Well, everything worked great for about three days. My laptop shut down without any notice and then upon rebooting it gave me the message that I should try reinstalling vista with the recovery disk. So I did... Now when it tries to reboot it gives me the error code 100a message. I did the diagnostic scan and everything is alright. I have no idea what the problem is.
0 Kudos
jeffm71 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah I got that 100a code fixed with just the recovery disks HP sent to me. Did you do a hard drive test to see if the new one is good? Maybe they sent the wrong recovery disks or a bad drive? I just cross my fingers everytime I restart my computer now because id hate to reformat the whole thing again
0 Kudos
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,598 4,501 384 1,619
Message 8 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error 100A related to a partitioning error.
Message Edited by Kalt on 05-31-2009 12:27 PM
AndyD1969 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Found out what my problem was, it was faulty memory I just replaced it with some new memory and the error went away. A bit strange though as the Laptop was only a few months old and i've since spoke to a few of my friends who have HP Laptops and have had similar problems. but after replacing the memory they were fine.

0 Kudos
RoverBenRover Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 10 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. But, I'm not going to replace the memory. I'll buy a new computer. I realized also, you can't install two OS's . My Laptop three months age and hardly is being used.

Also, I warn you to test your recovery DVD's before the warranty is expired. Recovery DVD's you created  you think they are working, but may  not. Please check.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation