Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jen188 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Recovery Manager Crashes when I try to make Recovery Media + Windows 10 Repeated BSOD Issues

HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally.

When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect". 

I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes.

Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1897
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Recovery Manager Crashes when I try to make Recovery Media + Windows 10 Repeated BSOD Issues

Hi @jen188,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your specific model of Spectre x360 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that the Recovery Manager crashes when you try to create recovery media and you are getting a BSOD on startup.  Sometimes by accessing UEFI you are able to load Windows. Sometimes it will boot normally. When you were able to access Windows you checked for viruses and malware, ran a sfc /scannow, "chkdsk", and"bootsect" commands without any change.

Did you upgrade from a previous operating system or was Windows 10 pre-installed? Here are links that I think will help:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vis...

Please let me know the outcome. 

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation