cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Recovery Manager Missing on EliteBook 8760w

EliteBook 8760w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My Laptop is brand new has no "HP Recovery Manager" Installed. is it a normal Behavior?

What are the Partitions HP_RECOVERY & HP_TOOLS used for? (at least 2Gb occupied space in each partition)

I'll apreciate your support

Thanks in Advance

Some useful informations:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Model: HP EliteBook 8760w
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: Hewlett-Packard 68SAD Ver. F.29, 07/01/2013
SMBIOS Version: 2.6

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @amaazaoui ,

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Commercial Forums.

Even though this is a Commercial product, the Partitions HP_RECOVERY & HP_TOOLS is used to recover your system on EliteBook 8760w. Here is a link that might help you out.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

the procedure listed on the link you gave me do not cover my actual settings:

Step 4 - Click Start , click All Programs, click Recovery Manager, and then click Recovery Manager again.

I don't find the tool "Recovery Manager" installed in my computer. is there a way to add it?

best Regards,

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey @amaazaoui ,

Start clicking F11 on start up of the Notebook.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks a lot.

that resolved the issue.

Have a good Day

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation