Note on archived topics.
07-05-2016 02:04 AM
- HP 14-n034TX pavilion ultrabook original windows 7 64 bit. i created recovey image on USB flash drive 32 GB (2.0)Recovery image was created successfully
- apter ,i got autoupdate on my machine for windows 10
- Windows 10 was installed successfully but somehow i noticed a delayed boot uptime inwindoes 10 so thought of going back to Windows 7 since it's apretty new machine with good configuration
- I did not create backup media for windows 10.
- I used recovery manager "restore to factory condition" option to go back to windows 7 by pugging in usb stick on right hand side usb port of the system
- I used recovery manager "restore to factory condition" option to go back to windows 8 by pugging in usb stick on right hand side usb port of the system
- I used restote without backing up files option and it took more than 2 days to perform the steps before getting the above error mesage at close to 92% stage.
- I was wondering why it could take so long to recover the machine, i read some posts online and then somewhere in HP forums it was mentioned that try to plug in the usb stick on left hand side port and then restore.
- I plugged in USB stick on left hand side, it went back to 92 % with in 15-20 minutes of time but again got the same error message close to 92 or 94 %
- I unplugged the usb stick and tried again at same port with same error message/code, In total i have tried 4 - 5 times trying different options with no luck.
- Please advise, how can i restore windows now, at the moment no OS is installed on the mahcine , i treid the hard disk and memory check , both passed and seems to be working fine.
07-05-2016 09:19 AM
Based on the HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n034tx Ultrabook (ENERGY STAR) - Product Specifications, your computer shipped with Windows 8 (64 bits) installed. The only HP Recovery Media you could have created, would contain Windows 8.
Please see HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8) or HP ENVY Sleekbook and Ultrabook Notebook PCs -HP Recovery Manager failed. Error code = 0xEFFFFF08 for a possible resolution to your issue.
Error Code 0xEFFFFF08
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation
***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520