cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Recovery Manager in Windows 7

HP Recommended

I have HP Pavilion DV5 - 1111en with Vista Home Premium, but my little doughter crash the hdd and the os didn't start anymore.

I change the hdd with a new one and also I change the os with Win 7 Home Premium. I reinstall all drivers, the laptop is working fine.

Using an external hdd I connect the old hard drive and I see the HP_Recovery partition is intact. How I can recover my old files ?

I can't find HP Recovery manager for Win 7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try f11 on start up boot menu 

0 Kudos
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,824
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you have installed a retail version of Windows 7 ( ie not a HP upgrade ) you wil not find HP Recovery Manager as this is only included with the OEM version of the Operating System from HP.  As you would have Windows 7 DVDs to reinstall the OS, it is not really needed anyway.

The Recovery Partition you can see when looking at your old HDD just contains the files etc to reinstall the old Operating System ( Vista ), it will not contain any of your personal files, photos etc.  To locate these, if they are not corrupt, look in the C:\ partition of the old HDD.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I try, but is not working ...

0 Kudos
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I install a retail version of Windows, not a upgrade and I have the install DVD.

When I see the recovery partition it's almost 10 GB, I think it's with all my compressed file, not only the operating system, that's the reason to I want to use this recover manager. The other partition from my old HDD is corrupt and I can not recover anything.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

IK.

0 Kudos
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your personal files and pictures etc. are still on the old drive under "users" in drive "C". Open that and you will see two folders, one that says "public" and the other with what you named your computer (this may have an Icon of a small pad lock beside it). Everything should be in there.

Am I correct that you have connected your old drive through USB with an external drive mount ?

Your personal files have nothing to do with the Vista recovery manager on the old drive and you won't find them in there.

Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you are right, but like I said the old hard drive is crashed and the C partition it's corrupt.

I already try to rescan and recover the bad sectors but didn't work.

Thx.

IK.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation