Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FolioGWJ Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Recovery discs for Windows 7 HP Folio 13-2000.

I have just made a set of HP Recovery discs for my new HP Folio 13 installed with W7-64 bit. I used Nashua DVD+Rs. Before doing anything further with the computer I thought it would be a good idea to test the discs. I changed the boot order in the BIOS placing the (USB) DVD drive ahead of the SSD. It seemed to be working until, "You are not able to restore this system with the media" appeared. Nothing else, only this line. The notebook is brand new and has only Lightroom 2.7 installed. No changes have been made.

I have noticed on the forums a number of people have experienced similar problems, but there don't seem to be any resolutions. Is it possible that the disc type is not supported, even though the software allowed the discs to be made?

Is there anybody out there who knows what is happening her?      

graham

19 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1536
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't work for HP, but will forward this post to someone who does.

All I can suggest right now is call HP and request a Recovery disc set for your specific model, ask them to waive the fee since yours do not work.

1-800-HPInvent

or 

You can order recovery media here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334

0 Kudos
FolioGWJ Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I knew that I would end up having to order the discs from HP!
The logic of computer manufacturers' escapes me. The recovery console has the option of making back-up discs -- this is convenient for the user. It doesn't work properly for no apparent reason -- this is an inconvenience. And only one set can be made. Aren't these things supposed to be thoroughly tested before the products ship? 
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1536
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its possible the DVD's did not burn properly or the media you used was not high quality, its hard to say what went wrong for sure.

Let me know if the HP branded discs do not work for you.

0 Kudos
FolioGWJ Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!

Will keep you posted.

Graham.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43440 3202 13399
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One thing I would check.Enter BIOS and check to see if all model info is intact.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1536
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graham,

is this the exact error message? if not please post it.

"You are not able to restore this system with the media"

0 Kudos
FolioGWJ Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, that is the exact error mesage. It's in my initial post. Just the one line.

I was unable to order the Recovery discs as the system was unable to recognize my product number. I messaged the HP contractor and am waiting for a response.

Cheers,

Graham.

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1536
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just making sure, I have never seen that exact wording before for a HP recovery error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
FolioGWJ Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cheryl

I just checked the BIOS, and the model info appears to be correct.

For the record:

Model: HP Folio 13-2000
Product: B0N00AA#ABB

Graham.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation