cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nikhil_Patil
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Recovery media kit courier charges

HP Recommended
HP 15 ac101tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm from Maharashtra, India. I have ordered a HP recovery media kit. My laptop is under warranty period but still HP charged me Rs. 559 as courier charges (They said the CD is comming from singapore).
My roommates have Lenovo and Dell laptops. When they ordered a laptop battery (for lenovo) and recovery media kit (for dell), they were not charged with any courier charges.

Then why HP has charged me for this? Can anyone please provide me the reason?

Please Do reply

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PeerOne
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nikhil_Patil wrote:

I'm from Maharashtra, India. I have ordered a HP recovery media kit. My laptop is under warranty period but still HP charged me Rs. 559 as courier charges (They said the CD is comming from singapore).
My roommates have Lenovo and Dell laptops. When they ordered a laptop battery (for lenovo) and recovery media kit (for dell), they were not charged with any courier charges.

Then why HP has charged me for this? Can anyone please provide me the reason?

Please Do reply

Thanks

HP user forum has no control and can't do anything about charges. You need to take that up with HP Sales and the Courier. You can't compare Apples to Oranges on how each company does their business. Warranty doesn't cover HP recovery disc.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
vvinay
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I want hp recovery tool kit disc
How to bye
0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vvinay

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you need the HP recovery media for your HP computer. I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • You may check online on the HP support website if the recovery media is available for your computer.
  • Have you tried using the recovery partition which is available on the computers original hard drive? (This will work if the hard drive is still good).

Alternately, you may contact the HP phone support team to place an order for the recovery media. 

Please feel free to reply with the information and I will assist you further. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation