Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ManuelJaroValde Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP STREAM 11 d002tu Wifi Not Working. Windows 8.1 My Wifi can't be viewed in my Device manager

HP STREAM 11 d002tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi there! I would lik e to inquire on how can I fix my laptop. I can't connect to the wifi network. Plus I can't upgrade the driver because the driver isn't showing in device manager. Plus, my track pad is also not working. Help please. Thank you in Advance

1 REPLY
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 31 105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP STREAM 11 d002tu Wifi Not Working. Windows 8.1 My Wifi can't be viewed in my Device manager

Hi

First of all there is an option in Device Manager; VIEW; Show hidden devices

Hidden Devices.png

The faint entries are hidden, like my Zyxel G202 because it is disconnected.   Also....

As an adminstrator, in a Command Prompt Window, type

getmac

This will list MAC addresses for those items that are present, and may not be connected.

A good number would be 3,
1 x Ethernet
1 x Wi-Fi
1 x Bluetooth

and then type

ipconfig

and in the long list look for named devices have a matching MAC address.

Along with Device manager this is a way to determine the number of devices.

additionally type

netsh wlan show drivers

netsh wlan show interfaces

and report the results please.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation