cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 11 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What can I say...Two in distress make sorrow less! 😄

Btw, I tried nearly everithing during the last hours...I Installed every version of HP simple pass I found on the web

sp48509

SimplePass

sp56487

HPLite32

I tried to combine those versions with different versions of verisign drivers and Chrome Addons.

No risults, but I'm glad I found that topic, so i can finally stop my weird experiments! 😄

I think we just need to wait a solution from Authentec, cause the latest version of Chrome is simply not suitable for that software. 😛

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 12 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update.

I installed a previuos version of Chrome from hereGoogle Chrome 28.0.1500.95 precisely, and as expected Simple Pass works fine.

It could be useful to verify the compatibility of Simple Pass with other versions, expecially recent dev and beta versions.

(i have atm Hp Simple Pass V 6.0.100.252, windows 7 64)

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
44 33 0 1
Message 13 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This works for me too. Apparently this version of chrome will have to work for now until they make a new version that is compatiable with SimplePass.

Thanks alot! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
2,594 2,628 114 528
Message 14 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cioffy

Thanks for sharing this information on the thread 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 11 0 2
Message 15 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cloffy's answer does work; however, it appears some of his procedures were are not shown.  I did  "disconnect" from the Internet to do the Chrome 28 install and the changes Cloffy recommended.  Once his changes were made, I reconnected to the Internet and everything worked great.  The only reason for the disconnect is to give you time to find the sections in the about:plugins for Chrome.  If you don't disconnect, Chrome will immediately begin updating to the latest Chrome version and you won't be able to stop it.  Below is the way I did it and it worked for me.

1st - Backup your bookmarks

2nd - Uninstall Chrome - do not check the box to remove your bookmarks

3rd - Download Chrome 28 from link in Cloffy's message

4th - Disconnect from the Internet

• Install Chrome using your downloaded installation file
  • Open Chrome open a new tab
  • In that new tab, type "  about:plugins   "   (No quotes)

Scroll down and

• CHECK "Always Allow" HP SimplePass
  • DISABLE "Google Update"
  • Close the Chrome Browser
  • Open Chrome > open a new Tab > type "about:plugins"
  • Reconnect to the Internet
  • Open Chrome Browser
  • Check your version and make sure that it is locked on your installed version (update is disabled) use the Toolbar (Triple Bars) and check about "About Google Chrome"
  • Import your bookmarks, if necessary
  • Open a tab containing a SimplePass login and test

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 16 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I've also had this issue a work around (until an update to simple pass is released) is to use the Old Apps website to reinstall an older version of Google chrome.

1. Download a older copy of chrome from the old apps website ( I went for 28.0.1500.95)

2. (optional step) Sign into chrome with a google account/ register for a new one, to do this click the 3 lines (settings icon) and 'click sign in', go to advance sync setting and sync everything ** when you install the older version of chrome you will be able to restore all most of your data by signing in ... woo :OpenSmile: **

3. Unistall Chrome from programs and features 

4. Install older version of Chrome 

5. depending on whether you completed step 2 you may have to install the extension again chrome.

Regards Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 12 1 1
Message 17 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exactly, I've the latest version of HP SimplePass. Version 6. It was working before I updated Google Chrome from Version 28 to 29. Google needs to fix this or this program needs another update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to get it to work by restoring to a point 2 days ago using control panel. This has happened twice for me about 10 days apart. Rather than jumping through all kinds of hoops and settings the restore process may be easier. Your mileage may vary and all other standard disclaimer stuff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 19 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

TomRoberts, your adds to my suggestions are accurate. That is what happened to me, it worked like a charm!

Btw, if you aren't signed in, remember at least to back up your bookmarks.

Another thing: i noticed I could not install a previous version of Chrome before uninstalling the current: so if the installer doesn't work, maybe you forget to uninstall the previous version!

Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 20 of 119
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What am I missing? I typed in 'about plugins' and all I get is this...

EDIT: So I figured out I needed to put a colon in there, I've checked always allow for simple pass but I see nothing about disabling updating

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation