cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nellieann83 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Hi,

I've had my HP Pavilion dv7t-6c00 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC (Windows 7 64-bit) for over a year now and my Simplepass frequently stops working completely until I restart my computer and then it will start working again. I have already tried updating the drivers and Simplepass worked when logging into windows and opening the program but not when I go to websites that it is set up for. The dialog box for me to swipe my finger never comes up and the sensor doesn't light up like it does when it's ready for me to swipe my finger. When just updating the drivers didn't work I uninstalled the program and downloaded the latest version (sp61399) available and I am still having the same problem. I do not want to have to delete all my usernames and passwords and have to start all over again. Is there anything I can do to HP Simplepass work again and not delete all my info? Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,787 2,628 114 526
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Hey nellieann83, 

I'm sorry you're running into this issue with SimplePass. Have you tried updating the HP Software Framework yet? That software handles a lot of the features on the notebook, including the fingerprint reader. Here's the latest version:

HP Software Framework 4.5.10.1

You could also check your current BIOS version. If it isn't F.1C, go ahead and update to BIOS version F.1C.

Let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

0 Kudos
nellieann83 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Thank you for replying and did both of the things you suggested and it didn't help. Now I can't even login to windows by swiping my finger. The only time it works is when I open the program and the box pops up telling me to swipe my finger. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,787 2,628 114 526
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

You could check your Simple Pass browser add-ons/extensions. What browser do you use, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox?

Here's an AuthenTec Support page about the add-ons/extensions. You may need to enable or update them. Check out your other add-ons and extensions. Security-type add-ons could be conflicting with the Simple Pass add-on.

nellieann83 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

I checked the website add-ons for both explorer and chrome. Neither showed the add-on that was supposed to be there so I followed the directions and reinstalled chrome and updated to the newest explorer and repaired SimplePass. After I did that it seemed to be working except I was having to re-enter my username and password for different website logins and then it would ask me if I wanted SimplePass to save the login. When I went to open SimplePass and enter everything manually an error message popped up behind it saying that a critical error has occurred so I uninstalled SimplePass again. When I reinstalled it I didn't get that error message again but now when I go to websites I have a login saved for instead of the popup from SimplePass that told me to swipe my finger and gave me option of entering my windows password, now it's a bar that pops up at the top of my webpage under my bookmarks bar. I guess I shouldn't complain because it is at least working now but I'd rather have the popup than that bar popping up at the top of the page. Is that possible? Thank you for all your help!

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,787 2,628 114 526
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Unfortunately, it looks like that change was a result of the update. I think the designers were going for a less "interruptive", less distracting approach.

0 Kudos
nellieann83 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate all the help in getting SimplePass to work again.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,787 2,628 114 526
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Absolutely! I'm happy to have helped! 🙂 

Just let me know if you run into any other questions!

0 Kudos
katefisher Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

Simplepass stopped working for me when automatic updates installed IE10. I visited http://support.authentec.com/KnowledgeBase/KBview/tabid/843/ArticleId/539/Website-Log-On-feature-doe... and realised that I needed to upgrade to v6.0 from v5.3.  Managed to do this and all now working. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,787 2,628 114 526
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Simplepass issue

@katefisher

Thanks so much for sharing that feedback and for taking the time to post! I'm glad the thread helped! Please let me know if you run into any questions 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation