Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GregAM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre 360 - No signs of life

Spectre 13-4005dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Was using my laptop last week and suddenly it shuts down. Checked the charger to make sure it was fully inserted into the computer, which it was. The computer was not showing an indicator lights for the charger or the power button. At this time no matter what I do I can not get any response from the computer.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please try Hard Reset before we try anything :

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start.

Please checck for any lights on the PC. Go through this guide : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372748

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
GregAM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This model laptop has a sealed battery so it can not be removed. Also I have tried several different combinations of holding the power button and plugging it AC adapter. When I do plug in the adapter it no longer gives an indicator light as it did before the problem.
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello GregAM,

Thank for yor Reply !

If the LEDs do not glow and computer does not start using a known good AC power adapter, there may be a problem with the system board.

I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

Verify the warranty status here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty   

GOOD LUCK ! Happy New Year in Advance

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation