Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3sonsmum Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre XT Hinge Problem

Spectre XT 13-2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have the same problem that previous posts have described with my HP Spectre XT's left hinge. I am SUPER careful with my notebook. It hardly ever leaves the  house, I am the only person who uses it - very gently.

About 11 months ago, the screen went black in this same bottom left hand area and HP repaired it under warranty.  I bought it from John Lewis who offer a 2 year warranty. However, it is now out of warranty and the hinge has caused the front plastic to lift off and the back to separate. I cannot close the lid for fear that the whole thing will fall apart. 

I did wonder whether the repair was guaranteed for a year - any ideas? 

How I can get it repaired please? This was a really expensive machine and this quality doesn't live up to expectations.

Help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired Duane_D
Retired
4641 3156 51 154
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre XT Hinge Problem

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation