Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JLishawa Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 13-4106na no power

HP Spectre x360 13-4106na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So like many others on this forum my HP Spectre x360 13-4106na has no power after 10 months.

Last night I shut down my laptop and turned off the power at the wall. Today when I turned it on it would not start and the Power LED is not on, even though it is plugged into the mains.

I have tried disconnecting all external devices/cables and have also bought a replacement Power Adapter but still nothing.

I am now out of pocket by £39.99 for the new Power Adapter from Maplins and worse still I can't open an issue/ticket online as I have the HP 3 year Pickup and Return Notebook Service as this can only be done between the hours of 08:30 and 18:00 by  phone with one of their engineers.

I have experienced the issue with the tracker as well as the Intel Graphics resetting although I had up until now put this down to Windows 10. 

HP what is going on?

I will be keeping a track on how the replacement process goes especially as I have the extended warranty and the laptop is still not yet a year old and will provide updates.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
JLishawa Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok so I have spoken on the phone to a very nice lady in technical support who after running through a set of tests confirms that the laptop needs to be returned for service.

Aparently it will take 10 working days, not the 3 to 7 working days stated in the Care Pack service agreement that I purchase with the laptop.

She has arranged for the laptop to be picked up tomorrow and I have asked that the data on the laptop be preserved or for HP to contact me before any data is deleted.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
JLishawa Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop was picked up yesterday 1st of November by DPD. So let's see how long it takes to be fixed.

0 Kudos
JLishawa Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The laptop came back today after 6 working days and is work perfectly. The failure was to do with the CMOS being unseated.

Great service all round.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation